Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Waiting..

Isa 40:31 Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.


Its been forever and some Sundays since I have written but what to write hasn't been far from my thoughts. My fingers have been busy doing crafty things...thank you Jesus for the joy you bring me through crafting. To sum up what is going on around me and in me right now is..waiting. Right now I am waiting to see if the howling cold wind will blow in the snow and ice that will keep me from friends and family in Arizona that my heart literally aches to see. I suppose right now everyone can relate to waiting, it is Christmas! Ti's the season for long lines in the mall, waiting to open those pretty presents under the tree. Or maybe for some your heart is waiting to heal. A year ago today, I lost a very important woman in my life and ministry to cancer. I know her family is waiting on their hearts to heal, and waiting for the time that they will be able to pass by her favorite furniture store, this lady LOVED furniture :), and not want to cry. I find myself waiting on a heart and family to heal and answers to whats next. Even though waiting is hard and sometimes painful, I feel like I have to make the most of the waiting period. I have come to find in my life that trials or waiting, have been my time to grow closest to a God that wants to keep me company and be an ever present friend while i am waiting in the "waiting line". I believe in Isiah 40:31, if you are actively praying and pursuing the will of Christ while you are waiting he gives me patience, strength and energy. I feel like when I am not asking my partner in line for his guidance and trying to do things my way, i get frustrated, angry, hurt, sick and defeated. All of these things are NOT what Jesus wants for me, I am his child, he is my fortress and strength. So if you find yourself waiting and hurting, ask God to come stand in the waiting line with you, chit chat with him about the desires of your heart, all the while knowing that when your waiting is over your reward is so sweet. Just like those gifts under your tree!! Thank you God for the blessings you have given me during the waiting.... O (yeah you, good Lord woman), Spiritual Gifts that you use to help heal me and the people I meet because of what you enable me to do, and my precious little girl.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I hope this year instead of waiting on God you will be pursuing a relationship with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment